A group of 71 personalities including social activists, filmmakers, scribes and writers on Sunday condemned the arrest of freelance journalist Syed Mohammed Kazmi in connection with the bombing of an Israeli diplomat's vehicle, saying that he may be made a scapegoat to "please an international lobby."
Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in the February 13 Israeli diplomat's car bombing case, has moved a Delhi court alleging that he is being harassed in custody and is being forced to "confess a crime he never committed."
A Delhi court has asked jail authorities to produce journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in bombing of Israeli diplomat's car, to produce him personally before it, and not via video-conferencing for the extension of his judicial custody.
Journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, who was arrested for his alleged role in the February 13 bomb attack at an Israeli diplomat car, sought bail from a Delhi court on Saturday, pleading that he "should not be pushed to the point of committing suicide." Arguing for bail before the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav, Kazmi's counsel Gajinder Kumar said, "I (Kazmi) should not be pushed to a point where I am forced to commit suicide."
Journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in the February 13 bomb attack at an Israeli diplomat's car in New Delhi, was on Tuesday denied bail by a Delhi court.
Israeli intelligence agency Mossad has not questioned Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested in connection with last month's Israeli diplomat's car bombing, the Delhi police told a local court on Tuesday, refuting the journalist's claim.
The Delhi police on Saturday denied that it had made journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in the bombing of an Israeli diplomat's car, sign blank papers and documents without letting him read them.
The Delhi police was specifically told on Wednesday by a court in New Delhi not to permit any other probe agency to interrogate journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in the February 13 bombing of an Israeli diplomat car.
The Enforcement Directorate on Monday questioned the wife of journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested in the Israeli diplomat car bombing case, in its probe into the source of alleged foreign funds received by the couple.
Journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in bombing of the Israeli diplomat's car, has told a Delhi court that in police custody, he was forced to sign some papers without reading them.
Amidst allegations that Israel's intelligence agency Mossad was interrogating Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, who was arrested for a diplomat's car bombing, a Delhi court on Saturday asked the police to file an affidavit giving its response. Though Delhi police denied the allegations, Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav, apparently not convinced with the oral submission, wanted the policemen to state on affidavit and sought the official register of the officers.
The Delhi police on Wednesday told a court in New Delhi that the conspiracy of Israeli diplomat car bombing case was hatched outside India and the possibility of foreign hands in it cannot be ruled out.
Journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in the February 13 bomb attack on an Israeli diplomat's car in New Delhi, was on Tuesday denied bail by a Delhi court which said the evidence prima facie show that he had a role to play in the terror strike.
The conspiracy to bomb the Israeli diplomat's car in New Delhi was hatched in early 2011 when two Iranian nationals came to India to conduct recce of the embassy besides monitoring the entry and exit timing of diplomats, official sources said in New Delhi on Thursday.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav issued the warrant against Masod Sedaghatzadeh, an Iranian national who is said to be detained in Malaysia, after Special Cell of Delhi Police said he was also involved in the conspiracy of the blast.
The Supreme Court has rejected the plea of the Delhi police to review its judgement granting bail to journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi who is the lone accused in last year's Israeli diplomat attack case.
Proceedings related to terror masterminds Yasin Bhatkal and Abdul Karim Tunda in 2013 hogged the limelight in Delhi courts, which brought down the curtains in the Batla House encounter case by giving life term to a suspected terrorist of the Indian Mujahideen module.